For a quick overview video of the process start to finish CLICK ME.

For the detailed story starting at the beginning CLICK ME.

You can click on any photo in the blog to make it bigger.

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Exhausted!

I am getting rather uncomfortable with the number of mickey mouse fixes in this build. 
Like the lovely header smash fix,
 and the only place I could fit the dryer with the tubes I had,
and who could forget the lower radiator hose manifold?
It has been a ton of fun solving those problems but I really want to do a quality build and all of the above is for sure low class.  Fits the builder right?  LOL!
 
Well I'm afraid the exhaust is only adding to the list. I would have been better off to start from scratch then buy the used set up though it would have cost more to do that. 
OK the exhaust system I have is supposed fit and look like this.This car has the same system I do but installed in a B (newer body style) and with the much smaller Caddalic rear end. So it fits like it is made for it.
And this is how it fits in mine.  I dimpled the top of the catalytic converter to get it tighter to the drive shaft,but even so I'd guess about an inch and a half of ground clearence to the other converter hanging down.
 I thought about cutting it apart to move it up but want to try it first.
Why yes this is the professional flex pipe only elite shops use!
 
I really like the single outlet. Who would ever guess what is in front of it!After I took this shot I worked the muffler some more to get it closer to level.
Like the rest of the build it's functional but not very pretty. I think the day is going to come when I rip all of this out and put in true duels all the way back with good headers.
 
In other news the computer tuner did not ship when promised so I probably won't have my computer back till next week.  The new wheel studs won't be here till then either so she's not going anywhere this weekend :-(
But while I still have Dales welder I'll finish up the rear end bracing and see about fitting my racing seat in the car.  I was thinking I would do that in Aug but may as well get'er done while I wait for parts.  And there is a chance the computer would arrive on Saturday so I could do a test fire on it.
 
I know I have been pretty negative the last couple posts but it's just me being down and tired. Tired of not being able to sleep past 4am and down because half the summer is gone and it's still not running. But don't take my crabbiness as any measure of discontentment. My life in Christ is truly better than amazing and I count it ALL joy!
I hope you have a wonderful 4th of July weekend!  I would imagine in about 25 years I will not be able to publicly thank God for founding this country and giving us our freedom so I proudly proclaim it now!  And may America bless God!

No comments:

Post a Comment