For a quick overview video of the process start to finish CLICK ME.

For the detailed story starting at the beginning CLICK ME.

You can click on any photo in the blog to make it bigger.

Friday, May 17, 2013

Looks are very deceiving!

With the warmer weather I have been working with the garage door open and as it is in small town Minnesota I have had a half dozen folks stop by to visit and see what she looks like.  In one form or another they have all said “looks like you’re about ready to roll”.


Let’s see other than nothing to hold the transmission in, no fuel system, a half rebuilt rear end with no way to mount it, axles and drive shaft that need to be modified, half a cooling system, exhaust suspension and brakes all in pile of parts in the tent and about 50 other issues yeah she’s ready to roll!
 
Even though it may look close with the engine in as you can see the list of things to finish up is staggering. I do feel pretty good about tuning the key on June 15th and having the car respond in some way. Hopefully no fires... However I think it’s very unlikely it will be drivable at that time and any number of things can go wrong to set me back from even having it running by then.
 
So with high hopes and starting V8 Miatas in mind leave you with a Friday funny video.  It is a bit sad and pretty scary, but very funny!   Click me for video
 
PS Our first club race is tomorrow so to my fellow racers in Sioux Falls have a great and safe weekend at the track.  I really wish I could be there but I have a few things to button up on the car first!

No comments:

Post a Comment