For a quick overview video of the process start to finish CLICK ME.

For the detailed story starting at the beginning CLICK ME.

You can click on any photo in the blog to make it bigger.

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

The devil is in the details!

So remember when I got the incredible deal on a complete exhaust system?  If not CLICK ME for the story on that. Well the things you don’t think to ask in a phone conversation like are any of the tubes smashed to half the size they should be?  Like to clear the steering shaft or something?  LOL!

After wondering how anyone could think smashing a tube that far could be a good idea I started searching for solutions. It took about a minute to see I was in trouble because I can’t afford $250 for a new header and there is no way I would run it like it is.
 
So after a couple hours of thinking on it and messing around this is what I did.
Yeah you see where this is going right?
NO zooming in on the welds!!  Trust me it won't leak!

Come on admit it you didn't think it would work did ya? :-)  
Yeah I know it’s totally lame, totally getto and my welds around a pipe still stink but as soon as someone makes a set of Miata long tube LS1 headers I’ll be changing this out!

Before installing the headers I made some equally getto motor mount heat shields from an old Camaro heat shield.
Here is the header, starter and dipstick installed.  I made a little heat shield for the starter too.  

Since 1971 the Memorial Day holiday has been officially observed on the last Monday in May as the start of the summer with barbecues, blockbuster movie openings and mattress sales.
NOT! 

I challenge you to make plans now to set aside a time to honor our fallen heroes this Memorial Day. Never forget your freedom came to you, and is maintained, at a staggeringly high cost. 

No comments:

Post a Comment