For a quick overview video of the process start to finish CLICK ME.

For the detailed story starting at the beginning CLICK ME.

You can click on any photo in the blog to make it bigger.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Gods providence = ebay. Gods over the top blessing = Flyin Miata.

Yesterday was the best day yet in my build and I just have to tell you about it! I have been researching and analyzing to death the best way (read that cheapest) to build a V8 Miata for over 3 months and yesterday much of it fell into place. I am so excited I can barely write! 

OK there are 3 companies that make engine cradles to put V8s in Miatas and they all cost the same. However my top choice requires an $850 oil pan which is just impossible for me to do. The other 2 options need a $450 pan which is still a budget busting insane amount of money for an oil pan.

In my daily search for a solution I came across the racing version of the $850 oil pan on ebay. The guy bought it but never built the car so it is new. After a quick note to be sure it was the right pan I clicked buy it now for $363. YES SIR $363 FOR AN $850 PAN!!! What followed was a full blown end zone victory dance around my desk lasting a good 10 minutes. YAHOO!!!

With the oil pan issue solved I called FlyinMiata to order the engine cradle. Jeremy asked if I wanted to order headers too and I said no, I wasn't sure what I was going to do for exhaust but could not afford $550 just for headers. He said hold on a sec. He comes back on the phone and said they had a customer in last week that they put a full stainless exhaust in his car and would I be interested in a used ceramic coated system complete for 500 bucks.

Now wait a just a dog gone minute here. Are you telling me that out of the maaaaaybe 150 LS Miatas in the world someone just happened to want to swap out his entire exhaust system, and that just happened to happen a few days before I called, and it just happened to be the entire exhaust system for exact price that I had budgeted for exhaust?? Seriously how can anyone be an atheist???

So after recovering from the shock I verified it includes catalytic converters and did another happy dance around the desk.

Considering how rare these parts are there can be no doubt that a $850 pan for $363, and a $1200 exhaust system for 500 bucks did not just randomly happen in the same day.  I am indeed humbled, honored and blessed.

Eph 3:20-21 says:

"Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment