For a quick overview video of the process start to finish CLICK ME.

For the detailed story starting at the beginning CLICK ME.

You can click on any photo in the blog to make it bigger.

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Flairs, body kit, camouflage paint?

The question was asked with all these mods under the skin what is going to happen on the outside?

Actually I have had many sleepless nights pondering that very question.  For some reason I keep going back to the first car that I transformed as much as the Miata.  It was a 1965 Mustang fastback that was red with white Shelby stripes.  I loved that car!

So my current thought is a tip of the hat to my old Mustang by going black with gold Shelby stripes, wheels that are not too modern and not too huge and subtle but functional vents and splitter. 

My favorite Miata that captures what I have in mind is this one:
 
Picture that black with gold stripes and nickel or gold wheels like so:

I will need to run some sort of hood vent and right now my top choice is a factory GT500 Mustang vent. Partly because it functions so well for drawing air through the radiator and partly because it is another Mustang part.

Now since this car is built for the track I’d love to have functional wing, flairs and proper splitter on it.

But there are 2 problems with that.  First there are WAY too many riced up junky 4 door Accords with them that are not even capable of going fast enough to need down force, (not that the owners or anyone else has a clue what they are for anyway) and second… OK actually there only one problem with it. :-) 

I am for sure open to ideas.  The only thing I know for sure is the base color will be black and it will have 2 stripes from bumper to bumper. What do you think?


POST UPDATE.  I did lay out stripes on the car here: Click to see the stripes

No comments:

Post a Comment