For a quick overview video of the process start to finish CLICK ME.

For the detailed story starting at the beginning CLICK ME.

You can click on any photo in the blog to make it bigger.

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Time well waisted - Stripes!

I was having kind of a cruddy day on Saturday so with the DIY back window job finished I decided to do something frivolous and fun. The other option was the honey do list that so it came to pass I laid out some stripes..;-) 

First up was more vents in the hood for more air flow and painting the back side of it.
I tried 3 shades of gold and 1 of silver but they all looked fake and plastic to me.  So I thought I would try subtle with this bronze color.  Yeah because there is so much that is subtle about this car! 
I think they look a little green and blotchy because there are so many other colors under it.
You can click on any photo and it will get bigger, except this one...
  
Oh and I took the baffle out of the cut out pipe. Since it has stripes now I felt it needed to be louder.  And it is!

Don’t even think of getting in my way!



The new gas station in town has some bright lights that was fun to play with.
 

 The new shorter air box

I'm still not sure on the color yet but I like the size and shape so this will give me an idea of how it will look when I paint it for real.

I don't go anywhere without my proudly worn USS Bataan hat!
 
In Him is life, and that life is the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
John 1:4-5
Autocross this weekend Lord willing.  Have a GREAT week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment