For a quick overview video of the process start to finish CLICK ME.

For the detailed story starting at the beginning CLICK ME.

You can click on any photo in the blog to make it bigger.

Friday, March 8, 2013

Craig’s list debacle page 2…

Well I sort of did it again. I am nearly done with parting out the Camaro and it dawned on me that with so many Camaro parts lying around I have no place for Miata parts. So I thought I better get ahead of the game and posted an ad on Craigslist to sell the Miata drive train. I did not expect the Miata response to be near as strong as the Camaro but I was quite wrong. In less than 12 hours I sold the engine, driveshaft, rear end and the axles. Of course the Camaro is still in the garage and the Miata is still in storage so once again I have guys wanting parts I can’t give them right away. Opps…

I have to say after spending over a month taking apart the Camaro I am not looking forward to taking apart the Miata at all. It has been a great deal of work to pull parts, take photos, post ads and in many cases ship parts. And I still have quite a pile to go yet.

The good news is I am doing better than expected in parts sales. My low ball estimate of what I thought I would get out of the Camaro was $5200 and I will easily best that number by $1000.

The bad news is I am starting to feel the effects of the Marathon so many people warned me about. Partly because all this disassembly doesn’t feel like I am building anything, and partly because it is difficult to see my beloved Camaro in the final throes of life.


I know it is all part of the process and I have to pace myself and keep the end result in mind. I was good to take last weekend off for Loris birthday and get away from it. I think it would do me some good to spend some time working on the wiring harness or rebuilding the rear end this week. I am really looking forward to the day that I can actually assemble something for a change!

One final note to you the reader. Over the last month this blog has averaged 75 page views per day and I am completely blown away by that number. I am truly humbled and honored that so many feel my story is worth following. I hope I can maintain your trust by keeping this informative and entertaining as we go along. Thank you so much for your interest in this project. I am truly blessed by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment