For a quick overview video of the process start to finish CLICK ME.

For the detailed story starting at the beginning CLICK ME.

You can click on any photo in the blog to make it bigger.

Monday, March 18, 2013

Look Mom pulling a Miata engine with no hands!

Looky here, Ziggy is hanging from the celing trying to hold an engine up! Go Ziggy!!
Well remember when I said I dreaded the thought of taking the Miata apart because I was so tired of taking apart the Camaro? Ha! When the time finally came I couldn't wait to get at it! I ended up working on it much later than planned because it felt so wonderful to finally work on the Miata!

I was disappointed at how much rust is on miss Jenna. Lots of bolts broke off and the rear spindles are one with the bolts that hold them to the control arms.
I have no idea how in the world I am going to get those free without ruining the rubber bushings next to them. Maybe I can just press the Thunderbird hubs into them where they are and not take them off the car. Suggestions anyone?

Well no time for bad news we have more happy photos!!
Yes that is a lap top on my tool box with lots of V8 Miata sites bookmarked...

I opted to drop the trans from the bottom. Can't believe how light it is! Notice all the wires with blue tags on them. Hopefully I can get it to run again!


And I managed NOT to drop the engine this time... It's a little hard to make out but in the corner under the bench is the LS1 keeping an eye on the progress of his new home.

In other news I spent quite a bit of time over the weekend cleaning, photographing and posting Camaro parts. I managed to stay out of trouble as I washed springs, struts and other parts in the kitchen sink. Hopefully it will go unnoticed that I actually do know how to wash things in the sink! Anyway I sold $2475 worth of parts in the last couple days which brings the total to $6154 in parts from the Camaro. I have about $1000 or so to go in odds and ends. I am very thankful that so far the Camaro is on track to support the build. Speaking of parts my oil pan came..:-)

I praise God for a safe and productive weekend and am looking forward to a good week!!

Psalm 37:3-5:

"Trust in the LORD and do good;
Dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness.
Delight yourself in the LORD;
And He will give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the LORD,
Trust also in Him, and He will do it."

2 months and 27 days till goal date.

No comments:

Post a Comment