For a quick overview video of the process start to finish CLICK ME.

For the detailed story starting at the beginning CLICK ME.

You can click on any photo in the blog to make it bigger.

Friday, June 14, 2013

Happy Birthday Jim!!

I wanted to mark this day with an update because it was my original turn key go vroom goal day when I started the project back in January.  So this is where I am at now and what my guess is to finish it:

Cooling system       3 hours, finish the radiator hoses and fab mounts & wire the fans
Oiling system          3 hours, install lines, gauge fittings and mount the remote filter
Intake system         3 hours, buy parts, fab hangers and install
Wiring                   4 hours, figure out the vats system and wire in the dash
Power steering       3 hours, install lines and mount the cooler
Exhaust                 3 hours, fab and install hangers, pipes and muffler
A/C                       3 hours, finish lines, mount condenser better and charge
Suspension            6 hours, it's all in the shed with lots of new parts to go in
Rear end               4 hours, finale gear set up, install new axle bearings & CV joints  
Trans                    2 hours, set up the shifter and bleed the clutch
Interior                  5 hours, seats, dash, paint and install the roll bar & door bars
Assemble body      5 hours, hang fenders, hood and lights.

I know what you are thinking but you can't just do down the list. You see the fans have to go on before the condenser, and the condenser before the steering cooler, but wait the sway bar has to go in before the fans, and the lower radiator hose before the sway bar, but will the intake hose I don't have yet fit between the sway bar and the fan? and shouldn't you get the alternator and belt in there pretty soon.... Now you see why I constantly wonder what to do next and why nothing is actually finished!!
 
Well 45ish hours would put me into July but we'll see how it goes.

OK it's time for happy birthday to me!  Number 53 if you are interested. To celebrate here is the 3rd attempt at wheels. They are not the best looking wheel on the planet but they are the right size and offset so this is it.  Now reminiscing time is over and it's off to the tire shop and back to work!

Happy Fathers day guys!  Enjoy them while you can because empty nest totally stinks!
I love you DAD!!  Thanks believing in me and showing me your great DIY approch to life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment