For a quick overview video of the process start to finish CLICK ME.

For the detailed story starting at the beginning CLICK ME.

You can click on any photo in the blog to make it bigger.

Friday, June 28, 2013

No start up goal - FAIL and V8 Miata Driveshaft for cheap.

I know I said no more start up goals and I really tried hard not to think about it... but even as I said no goals I had 4th of July in the back of my mind... :-)  What's the old adage you have to have a target or you miss every time??

I finished up the A/C last night and everything else under the hood is ready to go. The diff is on my bench for final set up and the drive shaft is done. Speaking of that check out the work of art the drive shaft shop made for me. 
This is the old Camaro shaft next to the new Miata one.

 And the incredible welds

Don’t know why the conversion companies charge 400+ bucks for a custom shaft.  I got new U joints, a new tube with welding and balance for $150.

Anywhoo I should have all the parts to build the axles Monday and the computer back from the tuner Tuesday.  There is still no suspension, body panels or interior on the car but those minor details. 

So I am officially setting a very ambitious goal of driving the car to church on July 7th.  Yes in 2013 which leaves me 7 days to get er done. Hum now that I look at that it in writing it looks very - impossible!  Well no target no shot so here we go.

OK with so few photos in this post I have to leave you with my favorite V8 Miata video just to make your day better. 
 
 
Why you ask? LOL- because he can!  Wish me luck and have a GREAT week!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment