For a quick overview video of the process start to finish CLICK ME.

For the detailed story starting at the beginning CLICK ME.

You can click on any photo in the blog to make it bigger.

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Confessions From the Death Bed

A few days before my last post I was getting a bit of a sore throat but didn't fret much confident it would be like my last several colds and amount to nothing. Thus far it has cost me 5 vacation days and $230 in Dr bills and I am fretting about it plenty now!

I just don’t understand it. My tried and proven remedy of one to two full days of vicks vapo rub, chicken soup and old war movies has never failed me before. I think the mistake was substituting Crimson Tide for Das Boat. Both are excellent submarine movies but obviously Das Boat has much more healing power to bad chest colds. What was I thinking?

Well as we enter week 3 of no energy, no voice and no sleep I managed to spend the better part of a day reading Miata V8 build threads. I started noticing dates on people’s posts. As in several posts were months or at times years apart. You know that sick feeling I had of when the Camaro hood left? It came back with a vengeance after reading a guy took – wait for it – FIVE YEARS to convert his Miata! Oh no. OH NO what have I done??

What kind of a nut case would put in writing his plan to turn the key in 3 months, 21 days and 19 hours? Who am I kidding to think I can pull this off? I haven’t touched one bolt on either engine yet! The light is growing dim and the world is fading from view…

I’m sure it’s just the fever talking but there are days I feel like this little guy who I discovered behind the bumper on the Camaro. I’m sure he had no idea what he was getting himself into either!!




No comments:

Post a Comment